The Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals (CBYX) is a fellowship funded by the German Bundestag and US Congress, that annually provides 75 American and 75 German Young Professionals the opportunity to spend one year in each other’s countries, studying, interning, and living with hosts on a cultural immersion program. The program is open to candidates in all career fields who are interested in a year of cultural exchange.
The CBYX program year consists of three main phases:
- intensive language training (August-September)
- study (October-January)
- internship (February-June)
- be a US citizen or permanent resident
- be between 18 and 24 years of age at the start of the program
- possess a high school diploma
- exhibit clear career goals and some relevant experience in their career field
- have a strong interest in German and international affairs, as well as a strong sense of American identity
- be flexible, independent, and diplomatic
The CBYX for Young Professionals program is a funded fellowship that covers basic living costs for all participants. See website for program benefits.
December 1 for the program year beginning the following July