The Delegation of the European Union to the United States of America offers internships to young university graduates with no, or only limited (one year maximum), relevant professional experience, as well as to students in the final years of university where the traineeship is a complement to their academic training.
The internship program offers dynamic individuals the opportunity to learn about the work of one of the EU’s largest and most active diplomatic missions and to develop a comprehensive understanding of the EU-US relationship. Interns hone important skills in the field of international relations and acquire practical experience in a specialize area of the Delegation’s work.
- have completed a minimum of three years of university-level courses, preferable in political science, law, economics, development studies, environmental studies, human rights/humanitarian law or communications
- be fluent in English
- be computer literate
See website for further eligibility requirements.
All internships are unpaid.
Mid-February for Summer Semester internships
Mid-May for Fall Semester internships
Mid-September for Spring Semester internships
The Alfa Fellowship Prorgam is a distinguished professional development program placing accomplished young professionals in work assignments at leading organizations in the fields of business, economics, journalism, law, public policy and related areas in Russia.
The program accepts up to 18 American, British and German citizens per year. The program includes intensive Russian language training, seminar series, and extended professional experience. Fellows receive a monthly stipend, language training, coverage of all program-related travel costs, housing and insurance.
The Alfa Fellowship Program aims to expand networks of American, British, German, and Russian professionals, develop greater intercultural understanding, and advance knowledge of Russia in the West.
- US, UK or German citizen
- 25-35 years old at the application deadline
- Russian proficiency is preferred; qualified candidates with fluency in another second language may be considered
- Graduate degree or equivalent training in business, economics, journalism, law, public policy, or a related field
- At least two years of relevant work experience; candidates without a graduate degree must demonstrate extensive and equivalent professional experience in their field, approximately six years, in order to qualify
Other Cultural Vistas Programs
Berlin Startup Program
Cultural Vistas Fellowship
IAESTE International Internships
Robert Bosch Foundation Fellowship Program
Internship Program in Argentina
Internship Program in Chile
Internship Program in Germany
Summer Internship Program in Germany
Summer Internship Program in Spain
Independent Work Abroad in Germany
Independent Work Abroad in Switzerland